Support your School
Parent and Community Engagement
Parent, family, and community involvement in education correlates with higher academic performance and school improvement. When schools, parents, families, and communities work together to support learning, students tend to earn higher grades, attend school more regularly, stay in school longer, and enroll in higher level programs.
At Woodbine, we welcome parents as partners. We believe students perform better and are more successful when their parents are actively engaged in their learning. We are committed to partnering with you as you guide and support your student.
Opportunities for Parental Involvement
- Back to School Night
- Fall and Spring Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Book Fairs
- Classroom Volunteers**
- Family Curriculum Nights
- SIG/Title I/ELAC/ PBIS Meetings
- English as a Second Language Classes
- Open House
- Sporting Events
- Awards Assemblies
- Coffee Chat
- Field Trips**
**Volunteer Packet must be submitted and approved by SCUSD.
Ways to Support our Students
As parents, you can help support your children’s education by working with the school and at home in the following ways and more:
- Visit our Youth and Family Resource Center
- See that your child is punctual and attends school regularly.
- Establish a time, place, and routine for homework and review it regularly.
- Check backpacks and student planners for school communication
- Read to your child daily.
- Regularly communicate with teachers/counselor about student’s progress.
- Attend school-wide events or meetings (such as Open House, Back to School Night, Parent Teacher Conferences, Family Nights)